SyndicateRoompolled more than 3000 individuals who have invested in private companies via crowdfunding and individuals who have invested in publicly listed companies. Their data indicates that an average of £81,000 invested assets per capita will be placed at risk with almost half (£900 billion) coming from the property market.
SyndicateRoom predicts that savings and investments will take a hit showing dramatic risk associated with a Brexit.
“At SyndicateRoom, we want to help individuals increase their net wealth through equity investment – and based on this research, it appears that is more likely and more achievable if the UK remains part of the EU.”
Some other data points published by SyndicateRoom include;
- Cost of living to increase if UK votes to leave the EU
- UK household expenditure to decrease by 4% if the UK votes to leave
- Women expect to be economically worse off in Brexit scenario
- Only 26% of the UK believe that Britain will actually leave the EU, while 23% remain unsure of the outcome.
- Interestingly, their report said 54% of men expected to have better employment options if the UK separated from the EU
- Older voters are more confident of a Brexit with 34% of individuals over 50 expecting the UK to leave
- Only 20% of individuals under 30 expect a Brexit to occur
The Brexit referendum takes place in June.