CrowdStreet, in the midst of a rebranding campaign, announced on Tuesday that more than 99,000 investors are now registered on its real estate crowdfunding platform. CrowdStreet operates a marketplace for direct equity investment in commercial real estate and provides project sponsors with investment management software to automate and enhance investor relations and manage portfolios, including offerings, online.
- 99,000+ investors on CrowdStreet platform (up 135% over 12 months ended March 31)
- $5.8B managed on CrowdStreet platform (up 88% last 12 months)
- 1,850+ sponsor investments managed on CrowdStreet platform (up 135% last 12 months)
- 195+ sponsors on CrowdStreet platform (up 96% last 12 months)
Other recent milestones:
- 250MM+ capital raised in CrowdStreet marketplace (since inception)
- 200th offering in CrowdStreet marketplace
- New sponsors including Hines (investment software) and KBS (investment software and marketplace offering) became customers of CrowdStreet
- First high-rise office building offering in a CBD
- Largest single capital raise for one offering ($12MM)
While sharing more details about Crowdstreet’s growth, Tore Steen, CEO of the crowdfunding platform, stated:
“2017 was a transformative year for CrowdStreet. In the past year we’ve seen a major velocity in our business. We are gaining momentum and bringing larger offerings from more super-regional and national players to market. Sponsors increasingly recognize that moving their fundraising online streamlines operations and brings them more investors, and high-net-worth investors increasingly recognize that they can build wealth by investing in real estate online through CrowdStreet. With premium products for sponsors and investors, CrowdStreet is well on its way to becoming the industry standard fundraising and investment management platform for sponsors, and the go-to marketplace for institutional quality investment opportunities for high-net-worth investors intent on building wealth by investing in real estate.”
CrowdStreet also unveiled a new logo, website design and tagline that better reflect the company’s values and differentiation. The platform’s new marketing tagline is “Build Wealth,” which CrowdStreet states, speaks to why investors and sponsors alike invest in real estate and use the platform and services.
“CrowdStreet branded its offerings for sponsors, including investment software and marketplace solutions, under a new sub-brand, CrowdStreet Connect, which provides sponsors with the ability to strengthen relationships with existing investors as well as connect with new investors through CrowdStreet.”