Spun, a British artisan candy-maker specializing in hand-crafted candy, is now seeking £450,000 through its equity crowdfunding campaign on Crowdcube. Launch in 2013, the company revealed that it has developed hundreds of designs and flavors of confectionery. Its product range is constantly “evolving, pushing the boundaries, and growing” due to customer demands and global trends.
“Our candy is made with fine ingredients, including natural colourings. We also have rights to the Candy Crush app. Spun’s candy creations, premium confectionery, and candy masterclasses are currently enjoyed within the UK, U.S., Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Egypt and soon Bahrain. As of 2018, Spun is represented in 20 retail locations in 5 countries with further new locations planned.”
The company also explained why it is unique to investors:
- Live candy making and masterclasses differentiate Spun Candy from all potential competition.
- Spun Candy offer theatre led retail, combined with a diverse premium product range that
appeals to all ages.
- Spun Candy is the only UK confectionery with the ability to incorporate any bespoke design into its handmade products and packaging.
- Spun Candy has a very experienced, passionate and diverse management team that includes some of the finest candy makers in the world.
- All products are only ever handmade with the highest quality, natural ingredients and are certified vegetarian.
Spun then reported that it has spent the past year expanding its product range and retail outlets. The company stated it believes the key foundations of a successful business are set and it is now focused on international expansion with a target to grow from 8 to 50 corporate JV and franchise stores in the next 4 years.
The company added that the funds from the equity crowdfunding campaign will be used to invest in equipment to further grow corporate sales and store locations in order to enhance top and bottom line revenue growth. Since its debut, the funding round has successfully secured more than £160,000 from nearly 50 investors. It is set to close mid-June.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!