Less than two years after securing £521,314 through its previous equity crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs, The Cheeky Panda, a 100% ultra sustainable, low carbon, bamboo tissue product brand, has returned to the funding platform and quickly raised more than £1.2 million. The latest crowdfunding campaign originally sought to raise £750,000.
As previously reported, The Cheeky Panda reported that bamboo grows 30 times faster than trees and it is the natural sustainable alternative to tree-based toilet tissue. The company also revealed its founders Chris Forbes and Julie Chen are using bamboo products as a solution to people and companies that are looking for organic, natural, and sustainable alternatives for everyday products.
“While the major toilet tissue manufactures have focused on tree pulp, Bamboo is more skin friendly, luxurious alternative that is more sustainable and costs the same.Virgin Bamboo pulp is a naturally nutritious, flexible and softer commodity than tree bark.It’s naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, hyper-allergic and odor resistant. Recycled paper requires chemical chlorine and de-inking agents to transform it.Not nice!! Bamboo on the other hand does not require any harsh chemical in the manufacturing process meaning that you get natural luxurious and soft tissues that are kind to your bum!”
The Cheeky Panda also stated its main accomplishments include:
- 10 finalists or award winners in 12 months including the National Business Awards
- Coverage in many of the national media
- Participant in the World Land Trust Carbon Balanced programme and FSC certified
- Featured in with Bunzl’s Innov8 for Winter/Spring 2017
- Promoted by Lyreco UK who has a wide network of salespeople
- Listed with Jangro a consortium of Janitorial companies who have combined sales of over £100m
- Best Seller on Amazon, with 100, reviews with a 4.6* rating
- Supplied by major distributors The Health Store, CLF and Marigolds
- Listed in over 100 stores
- Supplied to hotels through a specialist distributor
- In a major investment bank
- In a major sporting venue
In regards to what the funds from the latest Seedrs campaign will be used for, The Cheeky Panda added:
“This is growth capital to support purchasing of stock, marketing to raise the brand awareness and internationalisation of the brand. Please note that the company has £100k in working capital loans from investors. Funds raised will not be used to pay these loans.”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!