Groundfloor, an innovative real estate crowdfunding platform that leverages Reg A+ to offer investments to everyone, has announced the launch of its self-directed IRA program. Now, anyone may diversify their retirement savings by creating a custom real estate portfolio by using the Groundfloor platform.
According to a company release, to kick off the launch, investors may earn a $200 bonus for every $20,000 in contributions made between now and the end of the year, up to $10,000. Additionally, all investor fees on IRAs have been put on hold through the end of 2020.
Brian Dally, Grounfloor’s co-founder and CEO, believes that alternative investments can be a part of every investors portfolio. Real estate investments can provide decent risk-adjusted returns in a historically low-interest-rate environment without the volatility of equity markets.
Set up is said to only take minutes and once completed an investor can place funds from their IRA into any of Grounfloor’s offerings. Returns are paid directly into the investor’s Grounfloor’s IRA account.
“We believe people are smart enough to make their own investment decisions and know they’ve lost trust in the old intermediaries. Grounfloor returns the power and control back where it belongs–in the hands of the individual investor,” says Dally.
Groundfloor’s IRA investment options include the following:
- Traditional IRA: A tax-deferred retirement savings account. Dividends, interest payments and capital gains compound each year allowing a Traditional IRA to grow faster than a taxable account.
- ROTH IRA: A tax-free retirement savings account that can be funded with after-tax dollars. Funds deposited continue to grow tax-free and can be withdrawn with no penalty.
- SEP IRA: A tax-deferred retirement savings account for self-employed individuals and small business owners. Contributions are tax-deductible until investments are withdrawn.
- Simple IRA: A tax-deferred incentive match plan for employees. Contributions are tax-deductible, and your investments grow tax-deferred until withdrawn.
- Rollover IRA: A traditional IRA that is used by clients who have had multiple employers. Assets accumulated in employee-sponsored accounts such as a 401(k) are sometimes fortified into a single account.
Groundfloor investors can create an Individual Retirement Account within a matter of minutes online.
Groundfloor reports that since 2013 annualized returns have averaged 10% to 20%. There is just a $10 investor minimum.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!