Mastercard announced on Monday it welcomed six startups to its Mastercard Start Path program. The startups were notably dedicated to building blockchain-based payments solutions and also designing sustainable lending platforms.
As previously reported, Start path is an engagement program is dedicated to fintech innovators that are building the future of commerce. Mastercard recently revealed:
“Start Path is our global startup engagement program a springboard to help the best and brightest later stage startups maximize their opportunity for success.”
The startups in the program reportedly receive direct access to the company’s channels, customers, and product teams as well as immersive virtual events and programming to uncover “co-innovation opportunities.” Amy Neale, Senior Vice President of Fintech and Enablers at Mastercard, further explained:
“As the fintech landscape evolves at an unprecedented speed, Mastercard provides the infrastructure and assets to help fintech innovators grow and ultimately bring more people into the digital economy. The newest Start Path companies represent the future of the fintech industry and are designing inclusive solutions that anticipate consumer needs – we’re thrilled to partner with these innovators on their path to scale.”
The six companies selected for the program are the following:
- Asante Financial Services: a provider of digital financial services that supports Africa’s growth through sustainable lending for underserved small businesses and individuals.
- Cledara: An all-in-one software as a service (SaaS) management platform that helps companies manage, control and automate their cloud software, enabling them to scale their operational processes, comply with regulations and save money.
- Jifiti: Offers an end-to-end consumer financing solution for banks and lenders to quickly launch a white-labeled buy now, pay later solution requiring zero point-of-sale integration.
- Moeda Seeds: Offers digital banking, payment, and microcredit services powered by blockchain that aim to humanize finance and distribute social impact.
- SpenDebt’s: SaaS payment solution is a frictionless way for consumers to automate their debt repayments through a predefined micropayment deducted at every transaction.
- Tippy: A modern tip disbursement engine built for cashless tipping in the service industry, saving owners processing fees while increasing tips and delivering them to service professionals’ accounts in real-time.
Mastercard then added:
“Start Path brings together a diverse network of innovators who are looking to accelerate the way they change the world. Mastercard works intimately with these startups through a six-month program where they can take advantage of Mastercard technology, expertise and resources to rapidly scale their business.”