For the entire world, and especially for the European region, the year 2022 is associated with significant fluctuations in the global economy, which also “have left a remarkable impact on every local market,” the team at Debitum noted.
Such a difficult and critical period has also resulted in a considerable impact on Debitum platform’s performance. However, despite the overall global situation, Debitum has accomplished important system improvements that will “have a positive effect on platform performance in long term,” the company claims.
During Q1-Q2, the Debitum platform:
- has met all the requirements of the regulator and has started operations as a completely licensed p2p platform
- was reportedly the first p2p platform in Europe that has implemented financial instruments – asset-backed securities (ABS)
- has faced challenges related to Russia’s invasion on the territory of Ukraine, as one of the platform’s Loan originators had exposure in the Ukraine market.
You may find out more about aspects mentioned above as well as the platform’s performance overview, platform statistics, the management report, and further plans in the Debitum Interim financial report Q1-Q2 2022.
Key information about Debitum platform for Q1 and Q2 2022:
- Currencies for investments: EUR, USD
- Registered users at the end of the reporting period: 9 166
- Investments outstanding at the end of the reporting period: 7.28 million EUR
- Client funds on Debitum platform at the end of the reporting period: 7.99 million EUR
- Number of ABS (asset backed securities) available for investments at the end of the
reporting period: 7
- Number of assets covering ABS (asset backed securities) available for investments at the
end of the reporting period: 98
- Average weighted interest rate for active assets (invested or available for investments)
during the reporting period: 8.97 %
- Defaulted assets during Debitum platform operations: 0
- Ukraine affected assets at the end of the reporting period: 70 (2 005 993.87 EUR principal, 27 249.39 EUR interest outstanding)
As clarified in the update, Debitum “provides only EUR investments through main platform which is available for all users.” USD investments are “available only for few institutional investors and are not available publicly.”