EstateGuru reports that in November 2022, the Estonian market “produced €5.4M worth of loans, followed by Lithuania with €3,2M and Finland with €2.1M.”
In November of this year, the total financed amount “was €13.2M.”
EstateGuru’s core markets “performed as expected, despite the holiday season having begun.”
Repayments were “modest in November, reaching €7.0M.” The average return has “remained stable at 8,2% with a total of 38 loans (including stage loans) repaid.”
The default rate “increased to over 10% after new defaults in Lithuania, Latvia, and Germany.”
EstateGuru recovered “one defaulted loan in Estonia (€0.4M).”
As stated in the report (as of December 20, 2022):
- Total financed loans since 2014 – 673.8 Million Euro
- Total Repaid loans since 2014 – 384.2 Million Euros
- Total outstanding portfolio – 289.5 Million Euros
- Total outstanding defaulted loans – 29.7 Million Euros
They also confirmed:
- Total number of outstanding defaulted loans – 72
- Default Rate (Outstanding loans) – 10.3%
- Partially recovered loans rate (outstanding loans) – 2.9%
- Default Rate (total Financed loans) – 4.4%
- Total amount of Recovered loans – 25.0 Million Euros
- Total number of Fully Recovered loans – 140
- Average return rate of recovered loans – 8.8%
- Prolonged Loans (Outstanding Loans) – 62.4 Million Euros
- Prolonged Loans Rate (Outstanding Loans) – 21.6%
- Average time from default to recovery – 12.0 months
- Write-off rate (total financed loans) – 0.006%
As per EstateGuru’s investors’ request, they have “added outstanding prolonged loans to the table above.”
As covered in September 2022, Estateguru, a European online investment platform providing secured loans for SMEs financed by both private and institutional investors, has signed an agreement with Czech Investment Bank J&T Banka. According to a company statement, Bank J&T Banka will offer managed accounts to provide access to the asset class.
J&T Banka is a Czech financial institution regulated and supervised by the Czech National Bank. J&T Banka has a universal banking license that allows it to accept deposits from the general public and make loans. The company is active in the following areas Private Banking, Corporate Banking, and Investment Banking.
Estateguru started as a peer-to-peer lender but is now a marketplace lender matching institutional money as well as individual insvestors to its loans.
Estateguru reports over 145,000 investors, 100+ countries. The company has raised growth capital from retail investors having completed three successful funding campaigns on Seedrs. Estateguru states that it is increasingly turning its focus to institutional investors in order to implement its business plan and target of financing €5 billion by 2027.