EstateGuru reports that the satisfactory level of loan origination “continued in October with the same storyline as in September.”
In October, Estonia was “the best-performing market with €6.5M worth of loans funded, followed by Lithuania (€3,3M) and Germany (€1.8M).” The total financed amount was €15,1M.
As expected, repayments “increased compared to September and were nearly €11.0M.” The average return “was at 8,9% with a total of 103 loans repaid.”
The default rate “remained below 8.0%.” EstateGuru further revealed that they “sold one defaulted loan claim in Estonia (€0.1M) and are also finalizing the sales of assets and claims in other markets.”
As stated in the report (as of November 15, 2022):
- Total financed loans since 2014 – 658.2 Million Euros
- Total Repaid loans since 2014 – 374.0 Million Euros
- Total outstanding portfolio – 283.8 Million Euros
- Total outstanding defaulted loans – 21.6 Million Euros
They also confirmed:
- Total number of outstanding defaulted loans – 55
- Default Rate (Outstanding loans) – 7.6%
- Partially recovered loans rate (outstanding loans) – 2.8%
- Default Rate (total Financed loans) – 3.3%
- Total amount of Recovered loans – 24.8 Million Euros
- Total number of Recovered loans – 140
- Average return rate of recovered loans – 8.8%
- Average time from default to recovery – 10.5 months
- Write-off rate (total financed loans) – 0.006%
As covered in September 2022, Estateguru, a European online investment platform providing secured loans for SMEs financed by both private and institutional investors, has signed an agreement with Czech Investment Bank J&T Banka. According to a company statement, Bank J&T Banka will offer managed accounts to provide access to the asset class.
J&T Banka is a Czech financial institution regulated and supervised by the Czech National Bank. J&T Banka has a universal banking license that allows it to accept deposits from the general public and make loans. The company is active in the following areas Private Banking, Corporate Banking, and Investment Banking.
Estateguru started as a peer-to-peer lender but is now a marketplace lender matching institutional money as well as individual insvestors to its loans.
Estateguru reports over 145,000 investors 100+ countries. The company has raised growth capital from retail investors having completed three successful funding campaigns on Seedrs. Estateguru states that it is increasingly turning its focus to institutional investors in order to implement its business plan and target of financing €5 billion by 2027.