The company was founded by husband and wife, Joy and Simon Brigg, who were former owners of Fogg’s Restaurant. They started Porky’s after traveling to Memphis, Tennessee and discovering the best BBQ food they have ever tried. Within the course of three years, they have opened five sites (Camden, Bankside, Shoreditch, Crouch End and the recently opened site in Chelsea) through the city of London and are now looking to open two new sites this year.
“Pushing our Memphis style BBQ as a unique selling point has been a challenge, but not one without reward. They’ve had good reviews in Time-Out and regular interest from magazines such as Esquire and GQ. This year, they were even been shortlisted as a finalist in the National Burger Awards hosted by Casual Dining magazine.”
Porky’s BBQ locations currently have and average £100,000 turnover per week and has remained self-funded since its launch. The company noted that by welcoming investors into its organization, it hopes to triple the size of the business in the next three years, operating across 12-15 sites. Besides the locations, funds from the campaign will also go towards continuing to grow its team.
Those that invest in the company will receive the following rewards:
- Invest £20: Free juicy pulled pork sandwich off-the-bat at any Porky’s restaurant.
- Invest £150: Get limited edition Porky’s x Schott t-shirt and a 10% discount card, which is valid for 12 months.
- Invest £5,000: Invests receive their very own beer pong tournament party for 8 people and a 10% discount card, which is valid for 12 months.
- Invest £10,000: First, claim an exclusive bottle of Single Barrel Jack Daniels engraved to commemorate the investment. Then set a date for a private Porkers BBQ Party for 10, with a special menu and drinks provided.
- Invest £25,000: Receive Unicorn-Pig Card (£100 credit per month), along with an exclusive bottle of Single Barrel Jack Daniels whiskey engraved to commemorate the investment
- Invest £50,000: The Pig-Unicorn Card and an entire case of exclusive Single Barrel Jack Daniels In addition, investor and ten of their friends will be invited to an evening hosted by the founders for beer, bourbon and food matching with guest speakers from Jack Daniels and Westside Drinks.
Since its launch, the campaign has raised over £100,000. It is set to close at the beginning of July.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!