With less than two weeks until its reward-based crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter comes to an end, CoolMiniOrNot’s Rising Sun board game has successfully secured $3 million from more than 23,000 backers. This is the 26th crowdfunding initiative CoolMiniOrNot has launched.
“As the Kami descend from the heavens to reshape the land in their image, it is up to each player to lead their clan to victory. Use politics to further your cause, negotiate to seek the most profitable alliances, worship the Kami to gain their favor, recruit monsters out of legend to bolster your forces, and use your resources wisely to be victorious in battle.Each of the five clans in Rising Sun brings not only their own individual set of ten beautifully detailed miniatures for their Daimyo, Shinto and Bushi units, but also a unique ability that sets them apart from the others and affects all players’ strategies.”
Each of the five clans brings their own individual set of skills and traits:
- Koi (Flow, Like Water): Able to use hired Ronin as coins and vice versa, which gives them flexibility and unpredictable.
- Dragonfly (Wings, Wind, and Spirit): Able to move anywhere on the map without restrictions and unpredictable.
- Bonsai (Humility, Earth, and Root): Doesn’t need to spend coins when buying resources and upgrades come naturally.
- Lotus (Patience is key): Dictates politics by turning the political mandates they play into anything they want.
- Turtle (Hard as the mind; delicate as steel): Builds their strongholds on top of the shells of turtles, which can move around the map and join in fights for the provinces.
The game’s box will consist of:
- 58 Miniatures, including 10 warriors for each clan and 8 huge monsters.
- 40 Counter Bases
- 137 Tokens
- 5 Clan Screens
- 5 Political Sheets
- 53 Cards
- 6-fold Gameboard
- 1 Rulebook
In a recent update, the CoolMiniOrNot team announced an expansion board for backers:
“For $30 this Optional Buy gives you a Kickstarter Exclusive oversized Rising Sun board made of neoprene! While the standard cardboard board that comes in the core box is able to accomodate the figures just fine, occasionally some more contested provinces may get a little crowded in the late game. So if you want a little more breathing room, and a more impressive presentation, this Exclusive playmat board will be 20% bigger than the standard board! Please note that the graphic design of the Playmat Board will still be adjusted a bit. The card and token slots will retain their original size, meaning the art will have even more breathing space.”
CoolMiniOrNot added if backers are interested in purchasing this optional buy, please just click the “Manage Your Pledge” button on the Rising Sun Kickstarter page and in the pledge manager add the amount of the item they would like to get.
Rising Sun is set to be delivered to backers in April 2018. The campaign is set to close on April 4th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!