The team at BitPay, a leading cryptocurrency payments platform, notes in their regular monthly update report that it has been another busy month in the world of digital currencies.
BitPay writes in a blog post that they continue to welcome new merchants while offering new products and services that make crypto transactions simpler — and “more profitable” than ever — for the international business community.
According to BitPay, some of the most significant “happenings” in crypto during the past month are as follows:
- The total cryptocurrency market cap reached a new all-time high over $1.9 trillion (but the market continues to grow rapidly and now stands at more than $2.2 trillion).
- PayPal introduced “Checkout with Crypto”
- Bitcoin As Alchemy: APMEX CEO placed cryptos in the precious metal “perspective”
- Goldman Sachs is reportedly getting closer to providing Bitcoin and other crypto-assets to its wealth management clients.
- Visa notably became the first major payments network to settle transactions in USD Coin (USDC).
- Crypto companies got more funding during Q1 2021 than in all of 2020.
- Luxury hotel chain The Kessler Collection revealed that it will start accepting digital currencies at 8 of its high-end boutique hotels.
BitPay onboarded several new businesses that now use their products and services. This month saw BitPay acquire clients from many different industries. The new clients include:
- Arkane Network – NFT Marketplace (Online Payments)
- Basepaws – Shark Tank Approved Cat DNA Tests (Online Payments)
- Burning Man – Nonprofit Event (Online Payments)
- Gift Cash – Gift Card Marketplace (Online Payments and Payouts)
- Million Air – Private Jet Charter (Email Billing)
- Oakland A’s – MLB Team (Email Billing)
- Perk Hero – Canadian Marketplace (Online Payments)
- Raksmart – Global Data Center (Online Payments)
- The AUDL – American Ultimate Disc League (Online Payments)
- The Kessler Collection – Luxury Hotels (Email Billing)
- TSG AUTOHAUS – Luxury Auto (Email Billing)
- True Facet – Luxury Watch Marketplace (Online Payments)
BitPay further noted that you may engage a new base of cryptocurrency donors with “a fast, secure, and inexpensive payment method.” From setup to settlement, BitPay assists your organization with accepting blockchain donations.
Some of the company’s Non-Profit Partners include:
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation – Fight Childhood Cancer
- American Red Cross – Help People in Need
- BitGive – Help Revolutionize Global Digital Philanthropy
- Care.org – Join the Fight Against Global Poverty
- Code.org – Change the World Through Computer Science
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation – Find a Cure for Crohn’s & Colitis
- Institute for Justice – Support Civil Liberties
- Room to Read – Invest in Childhood Literacy
As reported recently, BitPay has teamed up with the Crypto Open Patent Alliance (COPA) to share open-source projects and use a shared patent library. As covered last month, BitPay added DogeCoin to its list of supported cryptos, and confirmed that NBA team Dallas Mavericks are early DOGE adopters.