Seedrs just posted its “12 Months of Seedrs” on Facebook, highlighting the platform’s monthly successes in 2014. “From broken records to crowdfunding firsts, funding everything from great startups to established publicly-traed businesses, we’re looking back at a really transformative years for Seedrs, Seedrs-funded businesses and alternative finance,” commented the platform.
To date highlights include: January’s record-breaking £ 2.58M equity crowdfunding campaign, Fuzmo’s February 138% overfunding, March’s Shareight campaign which hit its target £350K goal in 17 hours (!) and April’s CEO Jeff Lynn‘s Washington DC visit to testify for the JOBS Act. Others may include its September equity crowdfunding platform record when Torch and PeerIndex’s campaigns hit their respective goals, Chapel Down’s £3.95M October campaign bonanza, Dipstix’s successful November campaign, and December’s Pod Point’s highly charged campaign.
The platform touts that while December is often a relatively slow month in the investment world, business has not slowed for Seedrs: “We’ve seen nine deals worth a total of over £3 million hit their targets this month. They’ve included:
• Poq Studio – an app commerce platform backed by Seedcamp;
• Intern Avenue – an intern recruitment platform that previously won investment on Dragons Den;
• Landbay – a P2P property lending platform, which raised crowd funds alongside a VC round;
• Pod Point – a profitable manufacturer of electric car charging points;
• Trillion Fund – a leading renewable energy crowdfunding platform backed by Dame Vivenne Westwood;
• Stamplay – a web development platform backed by Seedcamp;
• Veeqo – a cloud-based order and inventory management business backed by New Look founder Tom Singh;
• Glentham Capital – City superwoman Nicola Horlick’s new fund management firm; and
• No More Filing – an administration management app founded by long-time serial entrepreneurs.
During the next days of the Yuletide, Seedrs will update their successes…. looking forward to another year filled with innovation, disruption and overfunding.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!